Monday, July 14, 2008

Meat, Glorious Meat

Today was my 2 week follow up, I've dropped 18 pounds since the surgery, but they are apparently mystical magic pounds as I have yet to figure out where they are going from. The doctor finally took me off clear liquids and tonight I made a turkey ragu (Kim got to eat pasta with hers). It was nice to eat some real food for a change. I need to start getting 80 grams of protein a day in 3 meals and 2 snacks + 1 protein shake. That is gonna take some figuring.

Pretty much no carbs and sugar, and fruits are a treat not a meal, so we bough some fish and chicken and ground turkey. No red meat for awhile, I'm a little skittish about it anyways, I want this to be as painless as possible. We got some Wyler's Light and the stuff is almost as good as Kool-aid, that and Crystal Light lemonade is seeing me through the day. Tomorrow I am gonna go to the athletic club and start working out, at least 5 days a week when I am up to it. My incisions are still a little tender and I can't sleep on my stomach yet, but I'm getting there. Also time for me to take over more of the chores around the house like the litterbox, although I did appreciate the 2 week vacation from it while Kim did it.

We are going to make an appointment with Doctor Mallea so I can get some bloodwork done, I'm very concerned about this. Also I am getting frequent dizzy spells when I stand up even though my blood pressure is within normal limits, I think its low for me, but we'll see how that goes.

And now for your moment of Zen.
Click Here

No comments: