So yesterday was the meeting with the Nutritionist, who turned out to be very nice and tolerable. (Some of my previous health care providers have had the bedside manner of a concentration camp doctor, and I swear one guy flipped me off.)
So this is what I discovered some of my limitations will be after the surgery:
- No carbonated drinks, ever again.
- No alcohol for a minimum of one year, and after that, I'll be a "Cheap Date"
- No red meat for at least 6 months.
- No straws, no gulping, no guzzling.
- No drinking liquids while eating solids at the same time.
- I'll have to drink about 48oz of water a day, but since my stomach can only hold about an ounce at a time, I'll have to be sipping every 10 minutes (For the first few months)
Immediately following the surgery, I'll be on a straight liquid protein diet for the first two weeks. after that I'll be able to add foods like applesauce, cottage cheese, pudding and bananas. So I can imagine the first six weeks I'm gonna be a real joy to hang out with, especially if someone tries to eat a hamburger or something in front of me. I'm looking into the law to see if assault would be justified in those cases :)
I've mainly finished my list of final foods, we had the venison roast the other night crock pot style and it was delicious, all I really have left is lasagna, which I plan on making next week. This Saturday is we are having a cookout (burgers, hotdogs and Kim's most excellent potato salad.) I have to call a few people and see if they can make it, but most of my friends are already coming. I have an odd sense of humor, so I'd like the theme to be "Funeral for Fat Ross" but Kim is not crazy about that idea.
And now, for your moment of zen...