Saturday, June 16, 2012

Kim's Doctor Visit

Okay, I admit that I did squeeze in a few garage sales before my 9:30 appointment.  It's easy when they start at 7!

I saw Dr. Troy at the Middleton office.  I felt very well cared-for.

My blood pressure was still as high as it had been on Thursday, so he called in a prescription to WalMart so I could pick it up and start taking it right away.   It's a combination of Lisinopril (for high blood pressure) and Hydrochlorothiazide (helps rid the body of excess water).  He also wrote two other scripts for me and a lab order.  He wants me to have these done at their Nampa facility next week.

He thought that counseling might be a good idea.  It would give me a chance to have someone listen to all the things we're dealing with and offer up some strategies to help deal with all this.  I agreed, and explained that I had been referred by my regular doctor at least once in the last 2 years.  I told him about his doctor's network and how they served every area in the Treasure Valley EXCEPT Eagle where we live.  He said he's have someone call me Monday about it.

We stopped at the pharmacy on the way home, paid the $4 for generic, and I took the first one in the car.

No comments: