We had quite a few e-mails and phone calls with the heart surgeon's assistant today. She had several responses to questions we were hoping to have answered before the surgery. Here's what she said:
- Check in at “check in” desk in front lobby of hospital at 0830-PRE OP appt scheduled for 0900. (They will get Mr. Ross checked in and then send him to Pre-surgical admissions on the third floor.)
- Meet with anesthesia, get consented for surgery on third floor-(they will have your packet of tests for you, and let you know what time to arrive Wednesday morning at this meeting)
- Nothing to eat or drink after midnight Tuesday, May 1st. (I hope she means May 8th -- a whole week without food might not be good! Guess I have to call and double-check.)
- Take medications as usual Tuesday, and continue peritoneal dialysis as usual Tuesday. (Dr. Gomez-Abraham will discuss with Nephrology re:placing access catheter and dialysis after surgery.)
- DO NOT TAKE MEDICATION WEDNESDAY MORNING!
Tonight, Chris decided to go on an 11-hour cycle with the dialysis machine. He's in there with both cats. Here they are:
First, we have Dusty napping on the chair in the dialysis room.
And then there's Digit, Daddy's princess, under the covers(!) purring. *sigh* This used be my awesome blanket. I've even ordered a new one, but it just wasn't the same so I sent it back. She better keep her paws off my husband!
Right now, I hear "Are you warm and comfortable, Digit? You look warm and comfortable."